Brenda L. Matteson, Editorial Manager for Dakim (http://www.dakim.com) explains:
If you want to stay vital and vibrant—keeping up with friends and family, continuing to enjoy work and hobbies as you always have, and remaining active in your community—you’ve got to keep your mind sharp. And in short, staying sharp is about constantly providing your brain with new and novel problems to solve every day—that is, concerted brain training. However, HOW you train your brain does make a difference, and not all brain games, activities, and exercises are going to do the job in and of themselves.
For example, you may be wondering if your daily crossword puzzle, weekly sudoku, and monthly book club are keeping your brain sharp the way they used to. And if not, why not? Activities like these are absolutely better than doing nothing at all, and if you love them, certainly don’t stop doing them—after all, they are the spice of your life! However, where they may be failing your brain is in the fact that once any activity is mastered, whether aimed at building specific cognitive skills or just for fun, the brain simply stops having to work as hard and then shifts into autopilot on that activity. And without new, fresh problems for your brain to chew on, not to mention adding in the effects of normal brain aging, over time cognitive loss can mean lifestyle loss in the form of diminished relationships, activities, and overall safety and wellbeing.
Not merely a battery of disjointed brain games, Dakim BrainFitness is an integrated regimen that gives your brain a comprehensive, personalized, and fun workout—the perfect foundation for your daily brain fitness efforts. Our patented NuroLogic Technology™ (the brains behind Dakim BrainFitness!) draws on and organizes almost 8 GB of activities across six essential cognitive domains (long-term memory, short-term memory, critical thinking, computation, language, and visuospatial). In each 20-minute session you play, it serves up a cross-training experience that directly reflects your individual playing history:
- The sequence of activities is based on what Dakim BrainFitness exercises you’ve already completed in the past, including simpler round-robin games and more complex specially scheduled premium exercises.
- The level of difficulty of each exercise you see is chosen according to your past performance in its associated cognitive domain. And challenge is adjusted on the fly, so you will never be overwhelmed by consecutive activities that are too difficult, or bored by ones that are too easy.
By tracking your playing history and performance in its behind-the-scenes database, Dakim BrainFitness produces just the right integrated sequence of content areas at just the right level of challenge—all to maximize the effectiveness of your cognitive workout.
Dakim BrainFitness is also specifically created to help people over 50 achieve their brain fitness goals. You won’t find yourself bombarded with gimmicky techno/video game music, cartoony design intended for children, or simplistic voiceover that talks down to you. The sophisticated exercises in Dakim BrainFitness combine an adult aesthetic and sensibility with classic movie clips and fine art; classical and popular music; vivid, stunning design and graphics; facts and figures related to famous people, places, and events throughout history and in the present; and humor. This creates a compelling experience players want to engage in again and again—and that’s more important than you may think!
As noted above, familiarity and monotony are the enemies of a sharp brain, making novelty and variety its essential allies. As well, more than two decades of medical research have concluded that long-term participation in rigorous cognitive stimulation is associated with a significantly reduced risk for long-term cognitive decline—by as much as 60%.
Putting together a brain-training regimen that is based on reputable tools and techniques used by professionals; maintains and even boosts attention, focus, and concentration; works and improves more-specific cognitive skills such as memory, critical thinking, and language; is personalized to your specific abilities in a variety of cognitive areas; and has been crafted so creatively that you’re going to want to play every day—that’s a tall order to build and maintain on your own. So Dakim BrainFitness does it for you, and our results have been substantiated in formal trials.
Dakim BrainFitness has been clinically tested using established professional cognitive tests and proven to significantly improve immediate and delayed memory; elevate language abilities; and strengthen attention, focus, and concentration.
You don’t have to run your own clinical trials, either, in order to find out how Dakim BrainFitness is helping you. Built-in goal setting and score reporting allow you to plan your schedule of workouts (we recommend at least 3–5 20-minute sessions a week) and see for yourself how you’re doing every time you play a session.
When it comes to brain training, as in physical fitness, there are no short cuts. That means you’ve got to find a way to work your brain that guarantees your willing participation and gets results, bearing these basic requirements in mind:
- Your brain fitness program needs to be grounded in the same science that professionals use to assess neurological abilities.
- It has to be a program that serves up enough novelty and variety to engage your brain meaningfully every day.
- For you to stick with any program over the long term, much less want to play at all, it has to be fun.
- For a program to be fun, you have to be getting the kind of personalization that resonates with your generation and experience, and won’t overwhelm or bore you.
Dakim BrainFitness was designed with these fundamental principles in mind. But another principle we live by is the value of a free taste! So go to www.dakim.com for a free trial of Dakim BrainFitness software for Apple Mac or Windows PC. You’re just one click away from a sharper brain!
Dakim BrainFitness is an award-winning program, recognized for contributing to the health and wellness of the aging population:
- 2013 Edison Award Finalist (winners to be announced April 2013)
- 2011 New Product & Technology Award, presented by the Mature Market Resource Center
- 2010 Best of Innovations honoree in Health & Wellness, presented by the International Consumer Electronics Show
- 2009 Innovations in Healthcare ABBY Award, presented by the Adaptive Business Leaders Organization