Vicki Sorensen, President, The Fitness Challenge, Inc., (http://www.fitnessccallenge.com) explains:
Increasingly, fitness-conscious consumers are relying on mobile apps to help achieve their fitness goals. Tracking workouts on mobile devices is a great start, however, fitChallenge takes it one step further by creating a complete exercise competition that dynamically links two players in a exercise Challenge. This unique aspect of “partnering up” gives players the much-needed motivation to exercise consistently and to hold each other accountable. The mobility factor makes it easy for players to log workouts wherever they are – and at the same time to notify each other as the workouts get logged. The game’s shared calendar further allows both players to track each other’s progress. This idea of having someone to hold you accountable to your commitment to exercise ensures you stay on track. Adding the bet and playing it out on your iPhone makes the entire process of getting fit fun and engaging.
fitChallenge motivates you to exercise by pairing two players in an exercise competition. Players decide on their respective fitness levels, agree on a challenge duration (6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks), and create individual bets for things they want to win if they win the Challenge.
Every time a player logs a workout, the game sends the partner a Push Notification alerting them to their partner’s workout. The shared game calendar allows both players to see their own workout progress and their partner’s too. The home page is always keeping tracking of who’s winning and who’s ahead in relation to the point goal. And… the app allows players to post their workouts to Facebook and Twitter so they can share the game’s progress with their social network.
Staying motivated is the biggest problem for the average fitness consumer. fitChallenge solves this problem with a simple idea. Partnership + Competition = Motivation. By creating a game and enlisting the help of a friend who will hold you accountable, fitChallenge is just the ticket to keep you motivated to stick to a regular exercise plan.
- Everyone can play fitChallenge. You don’t have to be a regular exerciser to play. The game was in fact created with the “Wannabe Exerciser” in mind. The fitChallenge unique point system rewards players (with a bonus star) for staying consistent every week. Partners don’t have to be at the same fitness level to play – the app takes this in to account and adjusts for fitness levels and players of varying fitness levels have an equal chance to win.
- Enlist your social network – fitChallenge allows you to post your workouts to Twitter and Facebook. The more people you engage in your goal to workout, the more likely you are to stick to it!
- Have fun with the competition – place a bet for something you’d really like to win. Post a little trash talking as you log your workouts to keep your partner on their toes and to make the process fun!
fitChallenge is based on the award winning game, The Fitness Challenge, as seen on: ABC, NBC, CBS, People, Oprah’s O, and Health Magazine.
It is a complete exercise competition that comes with:
- Dozens of workout choices with exercise times by fitness level
- Push notifications that immediately let your partner know when you work out (and vice versa!)
- A Workout Calendar that lets you see either player’s workouts as soon as they’re logged
- A unique game point calculation with a built-in point spread that keeps it competitive
- The ability to post game play to Facebook and Twitter
- A customized challenge duration to fit your schedule: 4, 6, 8 or 12 weeks
- Workout Stats that keep track of all of your workouts whether in or out of a Challenge
- Trainer screens that give you help and tips along the way